Corporate partnership with Urban Pet Project provides companies the benefit of our of experience, and loyalty. Making a commitment as a UPP partner shows consumers and employees your compassion for and support of our mission, involving them in our shared cause. Together we can benefit each other and ultimately make a lasting impact on the lives of countless cats, dogs, puppies, kittens, rabbits and their human companions.The 2007 Cone Cause Evolution Study showed that:
- 83 percent of Americans think companies have a responsibility to help support causes
- 92 percent say they have a more positive image of a company that supports a cause they care about.
- 72 percent of Americans wish their employers would do more to support a cause or social issue. This has climbed 38 percent since the last survey in 2004.
Americans also indicated that a company's commitment to a social issue is important when deciding:
- which companies they'd like to see doing business in their local community (86 percent)
- where to work (77 percent)
- which stocks or mutual funds to invest in (66 percent)
Why an animal charity?
63% of Americans own a pet which equates to 71 million homes and this number continues to grow. In 2007, $41.2 billion dollars were spent on pets. In 2008, this is expected to grow to $43 billion.
Pet owners report higher household incomes than the total U.S. population. They are more likely to own their home and more likely to have young children under 18 years at home.
People have warm and fuzzy associations with pets. Partnering with an animal charity will help you share in that image. Watch any media and you will see how prevalent pets have become. You will see columns devoted to pets as well as TV channels solely dedicated to pets.
Reasons to Partner with Urban Pet Project:
Compelling Cause: UPP helps place homeless, neglected dogs, cats, kittens, and puppies in permanent loving homes. We also help promote responsible pet ownership so that fewer animals are abandoned.
Large Impact Programs: UPP will reach thousands of animals and animal lovers each year through rescue and adoption, animal behavior training, and education programs. This serves to not only give homeless animals a second chance at life, but also helps to ensure that dogs and cats are well cared for and maintain healthy relationships with their owners.
Great Visibility: UPP is located on 14th street in downtown Atlanta. While we are just starting out our sprawling marque sign makes it clear to anyone passing by. Our social media presents grows every day and our comprehensive website, newsletters and events keep people in touch.
Other Partnership Benefits:
- Urban Pet Project endorsement of your product, or service.*
- Urban Pet Project logo on your marketing materials and website
- Advertising, promotional and publicity campaigns
- Print, website and e-marketing
- Sampling as an opportunity to place your products in the hands of key pet owners
- Signage in any of our facilities
- Special event promotion
Elements of a Corporate Partnership:
- Direct Donations: Companies can make contributions for any amount to support our mission or a specific program.
- Cause-Related Marketing Promotions: With this type of promotion, a percentage of a company's product revenues are donated to Urban Pet Project. Our trademark, logo and proprietary library may be used to promote the affiliation with UPP.
- Consumer Donations: Retailers can enable their customers to add a contribution to their purchases. When merchandised at point-of-sale and throughout the organization, these programs successfully generate customer and employee goodwill.
- Gift-in-Kind: Companies donate products or services to support the work of Urban Pet Project. Examples of generous contributions include pet supplies or pet food, software, airfare for our staff to go to education events such as the HSUS conference, or a van to use to pick up dogs from county shelters.Sponsorship: Through multiple annual sponsorships companies demonstrate their commitment to pets in a cost-effective and meaningful way.
- Employee Involvement: Through sponsorship, matching gift or payroll deduction programs, employees can benefit homeless animals in need. At the same time, company public relations and employee/employer relations are greatly enhanced.
- Foundation Support: Companies may donate funds or services through their foundation. Corporate foundations represent a significant source of support for Urban Pet Project.
*We will always try any good or services first - when we back something we must love it.